Senior EngineerAvail Technologies
Avail Technologies has a full-time opening for a Senior Engineer.
General Description: Design, develop, and architect software applications for the Avail product suite. Create new product features by defining requirements, developing concepts of operations, designing software architectures, and establishing testing methodologies. Be involved in code development both directly, and in leading other developers. Perform design and code reviews while mentoring team developers. Ensure that source code control is maintained using established configuration management tools and procedures. In addition, support software installation, updates, troubleshooting, and maintenance at customer facilities. Travel may be required.
- Understand customer needs in order to review and establish requirements and ensure that products developed meet those requirements with the highest possible level of quality.
- Design product software architecture using established frameworks, design patterns and best practices.
- Ensure development complies with Avail's processes, standards and conventions.
- Lead other employees and inspire commitment to software performance, quality and usability standards and goals.
- Direct developers in software coding, testing, integration, troubleshooting, deployment, and database implementation.
- Highly motivated self-reliant individual with the desire to work as a team player who has strong organizational skills and a methodical approach and desire to solve challenging technical issues.
- Proven experience in software architecture and OO design in Microsoft's C# .NET.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including SQL server, WCF, WPF, .NET CORE is a plus.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor other software developers.
- Knowledge of database structures, administration, and SQL queries.
- Knowledge and experience with public transit preferred.
Education Requirements: - Bachelor of Science in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent with 5 plus years demonstrated experience with Microsoft.Net system architecture and software development.
Physical Demands: - Candidates should be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.