Systems Deployment EngineerAvail Technologies Inc
Systems Deployment Engineer
Systems Deployment Engineer will provide engineering support for the investigation and testing of new technologies, technology platforms, and the design and development of middleware for the advancement of Avail's product offering and internal testing capabilities. The Systems Deployment Engineer will write Test Plans and Procedures as well as execute tests and provide reporting. The Systems Deployment Engineer will support the deployment of the resulting system to customer locations including interacting with customers as well as supporting site acceptance testing, and training as required. Qualified individuals should be self- motivated and must gain an understanding of the systems under test with minimal guidance. They must be able to conduct research on system requirements and operation and communicate effectively with software and systems engineering team members to assimilate an understanding of the systems. Additionally, candidates will need to possess good written and oral communication skills in order to explain and document defects revealed in testing. Candidates must have the ability to think on their feet and will be asked to support multiple products and customers.
- Support the deployment, Integration and testing of systems to customer sites.
- Under the direction of a Systems Deployment Engineer or Systems Engineer, build up systems in lab including the staging of equipment, building of hardware/software interfaces, and configuration of computers and third- party devices for interoperability.
- Performing testing as directed by the technical lead including troubleshooting of failures as needed. - Follow/maintain test procedures and status reports. - Ability to travel and work at a customer's facility under the direction of the technical lead. - Execute engineering validation tests (both manual and automated) - Configure test benches and test equipments.
- Knowledge of configuration of Microsoft Windows and Work stations
- Basic understanding of wired and wireless TCP/IP networks - Understanding of relational databases structures with a desire to become proficient in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of higher level programming languages to review source code or write test programs
- Some knowledge and understanding of embedded computer environments is desired
- Knowledge of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, and power supplies.
- Knowledge of LabView, LabWindows, PowerShell, Perl or other scripting language/environment would be beneficial
- Knowledge of VMs, VLANs, Custom Software installs, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Information Systems or a related field
- Associate degree plus two plus years work experience in an engineering test, software test, or design environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to lift boxes up to 60 pounds
- Selected candidates will be required to spend 10-15% of their time on travel
Avail Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity company