Bridgewater College seeks a full-time (12-month) live-in Area Coordinator beginning January 2021. This position includes housing and meal plan.
Area Coordinators manage Residence Hall communities for the Department of Student Life and report to the Director of Residential Life and Community Standards
- Manage two or more residential areas with approximately 250 – 400 residents
- Assist in the development of educational programming and community development within the residential area using the Student Life curriculum.
- Maintain visibility within the residential area attending events and interacting with residents
- Supervise 10 – 15 student resident advisors
- Facilitate weekly and bi-weekly meetings with staff of resident advisors
- Advise hall government within the residential area
- Report to the Assistant Director of Student Development within the Department of Student Life.
Student Conduct & Crisis Management
- Serve in an on-call rotation and assist in emergency situations, when needed
- Serve as leadership to student staff during times of crisis
- Provide and review reports of on campus incidents
- Adjudicate conduct cases
Housing & Facilities Management
- Utilize StarRez for administrative and facilities tasks such as occupancy reports, building-wide email notifications, and key distribution.
- Coordinate with the Coordinator of Housing Operations for room changes
- Evaluate the conditions of the residential area and complete work orders when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in College Student Affairs, Higher Education, or closely related field and experience in residence life, student activities, or student affairs/services are highly preferred.
- Experience in hearing/adjudicating student disciplinary concerns is highly preferred
- Experience in crisis management is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility for nights and weekends required
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
GENERAL INFORMATION: Bridgewater offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 23 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, the state's lowest crime rate, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
COMMITMENT TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
Bridgewater College, an equal opportunity provider and employer, is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse workforce and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation or any characteristic protected by law.
The Bridgewater College Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report summarizes policies on campus security and personal safety, crime prevention, fire safety, and crime reporting, and includes crime and fire statistics for the past three years. The reports are available at https://bridgewater.box.com/s/4ma6tlh30y8cat9un192ugo3dm6n29y9
To request a printed copy, please call 540-828-5761