Mental Health Departmental Assistant
MH Departmental Assistant
Are you looking for a Full-time job in a positive work environment where you can work directly with the public? CenClear is looking for a Departmental Assistant at its Office location in Bellefonte, PA. Contact us today!
General Description of Duties
Tasks include answering phones, checking clients in for appointments, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance eligibility, receiving payments, data entry, intake process, scheduling of new clients, and other duties as assigned.
Salary starts at $13-$15 per hour.
- Business or Associate’s Degree
- Access to transportation
Must obtain the following Clearances:
• PA Criminal Record (State Police), https://epatch.state.pa.us,
• Child Abuse History Check, www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
• FBI Clearance, https://uenroll.identogo.com/,
• Mandated Reporting Certificate, www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu.
Specific Description of Duties
- Mental Health Records for Psychiatric Appointments
- Sending out, following up and tracking records request to PCP’s, BH Providers, In-Patient Facilities, etc.
- Checking doctor schedules for evaluations to make sure records were received before consumers’ appointment
- Sending records to In-Patient facilities when consumers go in-patient to provide coordination of care
- Answers phones.
- Checks clients in for appointments.
- Schedules appointments.
- Complete screening tools with consumers
- Verifies insurance eligibility.
- Receives payment for services rendered.
- Uses office equipment (phones, printers, fax, etc.)
- Uses computer and software programs.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and other programs.
- Some evenings as needed.
- Attend required training as needed
- Scheduling, intake process-scheduling of new clients.
- May require periodic travel to satellite offices located in surrounding counties.
- Adheres to guidelines of confidentiality.
- Ability to reach overhead.
- Lift and carry objects over thirty (30) pounds.
- Bend to reach objects from the floor.
- Stand for extended period of time with reasonable breaks.
- Assist in relocating office furniture.
- Operate office machines.
- Sit for extended period of time with reasonable breaks.
- Vision and hearing within normal limits