Part-Time Lecturer, Political Science, History
Dakota Wesleyan University in Mitchell, South Dakota, invites applications for one or more part-time lecturer positions in political science and history. The university seeks candidates capable of teaching multiple, on-campus (preferably) sections of U.S. Government and Constitution (spring and fall semesters) and one section of U.S. History—Since 1877 (during the spring semester). Start date is January 10, 2022.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a master’s degree in political science or history, J.D., or have equivalent experience in a related field.
• Possess strong communication skills.
• Be prepared to teach introductory sections of political science and/or history.
• Be committed to high quality, reflexive teaching.
• Have demonstrable, successful experience as a teacher at the college level (or demonstrable promise thereof). Essential, ongoing responsibilities associated with the position include:
• Successfully teaching assigned courses.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues within the department (and within the college, and across campus as necessary).
• Engaging in assessment activities as necessary.
• Acting in a professional and collegial manner (this includes maintaining confidentiality as required, holding regular office hours, and being accessible to students and colleagues).
• Participating in evaluations as necessary.
All candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of successful college-level teaching, including strong professor-student relationships, commitment to student development, and evidence-based pedagogical practice. All applications must include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information (including phone numbers and email addresses) of four professional references. Original transcripts and background check will be required before an appointment is made.
Please submit materials electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write POLSCI in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Dakota Wesleyan reserves the right to modify all job postings and job descriptions.
Dakota Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and provider.