Talent Acquisition Manager
Talent Acquisition Manager
Danville Community College developed from two institutions, Danville Technical Institute and the Danville Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute opened in 1936 as Danville Textile School, becoming Danville Technical Institute just after World War II. The Danville Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute first began as an engineering division in 1946, and was later expanded to include the first two years of course work for all engineering, business administration, liberal arts, and science majors. Beginning in the summer of 1966, all programs taught by Danville Technical Institute were brought under the Virginia Department of Community Colleges. Effective July 1, 1968, the Danville Division of Virginia Polytechnic Institute merged with the existing community college providing the comprehensive programs now offered.
Danville Community College (DCC) is looking to hire an enthusiastic and dedicated Talent Acquisition Manager. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources, this position will be a key member of the Office of Human Resources. This role is responsible for leading and managing the full life cycle of recruitment for all competitive search processes at DCC. The ideal candidate will be an engaging communicator, knowledgeable HR practitioner, and supportive team member who fosters inclusivity while effectively sourcing top talent and promoting employee training and development initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating, guiding and tracking the college’s full cycle competitive hiring process by working proactively with supervisors, search committees and HR team members.
- Facilitate, guide and track hiring for Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) positions (ATDM, NDT), following strict deadlines and providing regular updates to DCC and IALR stakeholders.
- Ensure the competitive search processes adhere to college hiring procedures and all EEO and applicable laws by actively guiding and supporting hiring managers and search committees.
- Plan, facilitate, and serve as point of contact for key meetings, interviews and campus visits.
- Develop effective recruitment strategies by taking a consultative approach with hiring teams.
- Utilize innovative sourcing techniques to find, connect and recruit top talent. Cultivate a network of potential candidates through proactive market research, events and on-going relationship management.
- Maintain a solid understanding of industry trends and provide insight into the competitive landscape.
- Facilitate annual or bi-annual hiring process training for committee members, including hiring supervisors and committee chairs. Track training completion for all employees.
- Engage with VCCS and DHRM Diversity and Inclusion offices and personnel. Complete required projects, attend meetings and participate in related initiatives. Coordinates the Diversity Search Advocate program.
- Coordinate the annual performance management process for full-time classified staff.
- Assist with development of a performance management process for part-time/wage employees.
- Coordinate with DCC staff to develop and implement annual employee recognition and reward programs.
- Serve as the college’s administrator for the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Learning Center.
- Assist and support AVP of HR with employee relations matters and other highly sensitive projects as requested.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Office of Human Resources by performing other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the AVP of HR, acting as a back-up for other positions as needed, maintaining high levels of accuracy, a professional demeanor and appropriate levels of confidentiality, and providing excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all federal, state, VCCS, SSC and DCC policies and procedures.
This is a grant-funded position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Communications, or a related field.
- Three years of experience managing hiring and competitive search processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of human resources policies and programs, and how they impact the organization.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations including EEO, FMLA and ADA.
- Thorough understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion, with the ability to clearly communicate DEI best practices and initiatives.
- Ability to project a knowledgeable and supportive image to clients, candidates and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a high performing team.
- Ability to provide the highest level of service with strong attention to details and prioritization skills.
- Technically savvy with experience with Microsoft office suite; ability to create presentations and reports.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven and highly visible environment.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive issues and information.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write concisely, persuasively, and to summarize information.
- Knowledge of Human Resources Management Systems (HCM, HRMS, HRIS, ADP, Workday, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Communications, or a related field.
Professional certification in Human Resources (Ex. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
Five years of broad human resources work experience.
Experience in a post-secondary educational environment or state government.
Go to https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/56130 to view the full job posting and/or to apply.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.