Tech Support Analyst-Advanced
East Carolina University
Tech Support Analyst-Advanced
Vacancy #: 908521
Recruitment Range: $32,473-$84,821
Anticipated Hiring Range: $62,000-$64,500
Closing Date: 05/11/2022
Organizational Unit Overview
Information Technology and Computing Services (ITCS) is the central agency that supports enterprise-wide computing at East Carolina University. ITCS, through innovative information technology initiatives and service, provides opportunities for the ECU community to excel in teaching, research, and service using state-of-the-market technology and collaborative environments. ITCS is first and foremost committed to providing excellent information technology support for faculty, staff, and students. ITCS partners with campus departments, other universities, and industry to make strategic investments in information technology infrastructure that will help maintain a competitive advantage in administrative applications, faculty research, and outreach to the state and nation. We will achieve this through increasing the core functions and deploying appropriate technology throughout the university.
Desktop Technologies Support is part of the Service Management Team which is under Client Engagement and Support and provides support for mission critical enterprise software applications and departmental client- server applications as well as provide desktop consulting and troubleshooting support for faculty, staff, and medical clinics at East Carolina University.
The individual in this position will consult with clients and evaluate hardware, software, and network connectivity needs and problems. He/she will resolve or refer to the appropriate agency hardware, software, and network connectivity issues for desktop and notebook computers, printers, peripherals and personal digital assistants; He/she will maintain hardware certification with major approved vendors and will be authorized to order replacement parts.
The employee will utilize new ITCS approved technologies and when appropriate coordinate with ITCS teams and clients to implement them effectively. He/she will participate in both short term and long range strategic planning.
By developing productive relationships with clients and understanding and anticipating their business needs, the employee will assist clients in effectively utilizing technology. He/she will coach and train clients and provide learning materials including web pages. Also, he/she will guide and educate clients in hardware and software selection to ensure adherence to ECU’s strategic goals. The employee will manage projects involving campus wide ITCS and client departments.
This position may be eligible for Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA) under the ECU FWA Policy.
Employees are required to adjust their standard work schedule to meet the requirements of their position, which includes and not limited to evening and weekend hours to perform scheduled and unscheduled workload requirements to maintain University operations.
Duties require On-Call responsibilities.
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Journey level requires an additional one year of experience. Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Extensive knowledge of desktop and mobile computer systems support in addition to networking, and client-server applications, as well as experience with computer installation/configuration
- Considerable experience providing end-user support in a large, networked environment
- Familiar with various software applications (Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome Browsers, Email clients, and Antivirus clients) with high-level skills supporting the current Mac and Windows Operating Systems
- Highly skilled in the following areas: problem solving, task prioritization, active listening, verbal, and written communications
- Experience in project management, desktop and mobile computer support including network communication configuration (TCP/IP), workstation hardware/software troubleshooting, operating system, and general application support
- Extensive experience with Microsoft applications/operating systems and Microsoft Active Directory or Microsoft Azure
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 05/11/2022 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 908521 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/50551