Administrative AssistantFerguson Township
Administrative Assistant Ferguson Township, Centre County, is seeking full time Administrative Assistant.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides a broad range of administrative duties to support the Director of Planning and Zoning, the Director of Public Works, as well as the Finance Department to maintain responsible and smooth work flows. In addition, the Administrative Assistant helps cover the front desk phones and greets and responds to all incoming residents’ requests.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties described below are indicative of what the Administrative Assistant may be asked to perform. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Customer Service:
- Answer multiple line phone system and greet visitors, obtain information, direct calls, take messages or provide information requested and/or direct inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Respond to inquiries in a courteous and professional manner via telephone, email or in person.
- Handle a wide variety of transactions at the Tax Office, which may include cash handling for parking tickets, accident reports, and various permits; providing pamphlets and/or reference materials to residents; and taking municipal and school real estate tax payments,
2. Data Processing:
- Assist in the custody and maintenance of Township’s digital document management initiatives.
- Enter surety information into surety database and track expiration dates.
- Enter, track, and maintain the Ordinance Enforcement Officer’s time with specific tasks and develop a chart for overall time use.
- Enter work order information into the Township’s database for Public Works to complete.
3. Records Management:
- Perform accurate filing and care of subdivision, land development, road files, subject files and documents and correspondence pertaining to the Township.
4. Establishing, updating, and maintaining filing systems, logs and related records. This includes but is not limited to Public Works Departments correspondence, permits, right of way occupancy, applications for land and property use, inspection reports, surveys, notices, work orders, certificates of insurance and bonds, ordinances, maps and files, and all official documents associated with specific business transactions.
- Maintain all Letter of Credit records and send monthly reminders to the bank and developer regarding upcoming surety that will be expiring.
- Maintain related records and log performance and maintenance bonds for various public improvements. Notify the Engineer in advance of expiration.
- Track incoming Certificates of Insurance and their expiration dates, notify the Contractor and Engineer prior to expiration.
- Maintain sign permit data, including renewals and replacements, as well as billing formation.
- Responsible for yearly renewals for Home Occupation and Sign Permits.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for Planning and Zoning and Public Works departments.
- Maintain Escrow and Curb Deposit accounts.
- In absence of the Finance Associate, take payments and set up Escrow accounts in Springbrook for incoming and proposed developments as well as Curb accounts for new home development.
- Attend the Planning Commission, the Zoning Hearing Board and the Tree Commission meetings, take official minutes and transcribe into final format prior to the next meeting.
- Sort mail for all Township Departments.
- Typing of correspondence, reports, orders, forms, certified letters, etc.
- Copying, collating and assembly of packets of information, printing of reports, distribution of information in a variety of formats as needed.
- In absence of the Finance Associate, access the system to retrieve Tax Certifications for residents’ tax filing purposes.
6. Public Information/Website
- Maintain Public Works webpage by posting and updating current bids and bid results.
- Assist as needed to post various agendas to the website/constant contact.
- Perform edits and updates for the Planning & Zoning Department in coordination with the Communications Coordinator.
- Purchase office supplies for Planning and Zoning and Public Works Departments