Finance AssociateFerguson Township
Ferguson Township, Centre County is accepting applications for full time Finance Associate - Tax Clerk in the Finance Department.
The Finance Associate – Tax role is assist the Finance Director in the collection of Real Estate taxes, accounts receivable billing and collection, payment processing, maintaining escrow accounts, recording and maintaining related records accurately and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties described below are indicative of what the Finance Associate – Tax Clerk may be asked to perform. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the tax counter, greet customers and receive and verify payments for Real Estate.
- Record real estate and deposit real estate tax payments, record payments in the Resource Based Advantage system.
- Obtain real estate tax duplicates and insert into books.
- Obtain and mail real estate tax bills for the Township and school.
- Mail real estate reminders in accordance with law.
- Complete invoicing and recording of accounts receivable, cash collections, preparing deposit slips for other staff.
- Reconcile real estate books on a monthly basis by the 10th of the following month and on an annual basis by January 10th.
- Account for discrepancies, face and penalty periods, exoneration and adjustments as required.
- Prepare refunds and statements for Real Estate taxes.
- Perform clerical duties for the Finance Director, perform research and work on special projects as needed.
- Verify payments received, document, process and prepare for deposit.
- Enter payment data into Springbrook or Resource Based Advantage systems as needed.
- Assists in real estate processing, preparing bills for mailing, run reports for distribution of funds.
- Prepare the duplicates/supplements for mailings. Verify any ownership changes have been made.
- Gathers mortgage company information and prepare files for distribution.
- Mark all changes in duplicates/supplement.
- Cover front desk duties as needed due to absences, etc.
- Greet customers and residents and others and assist as needed
- Receive mail. Open, sort, distribute and respond to inquiries.
- Check the night depository each day by the assigned time.
- Stamp documents, verify correctness and respond appropriately.
- Distribute documents received for other departments promptly.
- Public Relations
- Answer telephone, greet customers in a friendly and respectable manner.
- Logs messages recorded on the tax office's voice mail and responds promptly.