Road Worker Full TimeFerguson Township
Ferguson Township is accepting applications for a full-time Road Worker.
This position requires a person with ability to perform a wide variety of duties involving manual labor, semi-skilled trade work, skilled trade work, and equipment operation. Individual must be a minimum of 18 years old, possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, have no criminal record, and have earned at least a high school education. Successful applicant will be required to have a Commercial Drivers License and demonstrated skills in operating various types of equipment. Position offers full range of benefits and competitive salary. Open until filled.
STREETS, SEWERS AND PUBLIC BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS:
- Meet with the Road Foreman each day to receive work assignments, accepting duties as scheduled.
- Discuss assignments, asks questions to gain understand the job(s) to be completed.
- Perform a variety of general electrical, plumbing and carpentry work as needed.
- Perform road maintenance such as patching roads, grading berms, tarring and chipping, cleaning and replacing culverts, collecting leaves, chips and gathering brush, cutting and removing trees, picking up trash, removing or installing signs and removing/repairing and installing guide rails.
- Rebuilds inlets, collects brush and chips brush, mows grass in rights of way and on Township properties.
- Operates equipment including backhoe, front end loader, dump trucks, street sweeper, rubber tire roller, leaf collector, grader, mower and tractor.
- Participates in snow and ice control, operates plowing equipment.
- Helps maintain vehicles and equipment.