Facilities Maintenance ManagerFirst Quality
Facilities Maintenance Manager First Quality was founded in 1988 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 5,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China.
First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines. Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Facilities Maintenance Manager at our location in Lewistown, PA.
This position is responsible for maintaining the building and grounds. Responsibilities also include managing daily work direction for Facilities Maintenance team members and management of contract services. Position requires extensive leadership, facilities, and construction knowledge.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assign work and supervise hourly team members or contractors assigned to work.
- Comply with local, state and federal documentation and control requirements.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of building HVAC, Plant Compressed Air System, fire Protection System, outside grounds keeping and Site Security.
- Develop and document preventative maintenance programs for buildings and grounds.
- Responsible for ongoing technical training for facilities personnel.
- Identify and scope facilities and utilities projects and lead system design and installation for them.
- Directly responsible for the improvement of efficiencies of assigned utility systems.
- Act as technical resource in the development of plans for facility and utility expansion.
- Design/revise SOP's relating to utilities/facilities activities and work with environmental group to prepare required documentation.
- Act as liaison with vendors for technical issues.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a manufacturing industry
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Facility Maintenance experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in a position of progressive responsibility leading to a Manager with a manufacturing company
- Bachelor degree in Engineering preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of work order software package and spare parts inventory control.
- Knowledge of maintenance of utilities and facilities.
- Ability to teach/train facilities maintenance personnel and write procedure/manuals.
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
Equal Employment Opportunity