Process EngineerFirst Quality
First Quality was founded in 1988 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 5,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines. Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Process Engineer for our Nutek Disposables' facility located in McElhattan, PA.
This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership on assigned lines with similar technology. Supports new products and product improvements; manufacturing cost and quality improvements; and manufacturing equipment utilization, reliability, speeds, scrap rates, and efficiency goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Works closely with Production, Planning, QA, & Maintenance to meet daily production goals, priorities, coverage, and special projects.
• Provides technical leadership for continuous improvement projects on his/her assigned lines for improvements in efficiency, scrap, speeds, quality, and safety.
• Leads and/or assists PD & QA on new product/process improvements and materials trials on his/her assigned production lines while minimizing production impacts.
• Maintains, audits, and updates as needed "Good Run" documentation, insuring process conditions and measurements are defined, documented, and shared with operators.
• Works closely with Production Supervisor on his/her assigned lines to provide focused daily direction and technical support to crews and maintenance.
• For new lines/equipment within his/her assigned technology, may lead the process definition on new production lines and major equipment and start up, insuring all process conditions and measurements are defined, documented, and share with operators.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum 1 year experience (must include internships) in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and experience in high speed paper converting or web based film/paper/non-woven fabric manufacturing operations involving high speed web handling: glue, ultrasonic, or mechanical bonding; embossing, die cutting, fiber handling, dust control, servo drives, and PLC controls.
Training in SPC, DOE, and Applied Problem Solving techniques and has demonstrated successes applying these tools.
Strong computer proficiency with MS Office, statistics, and design of experiments software.
Has exposure to production results reporting systems, SCADA software, and MES systems.
Excellent compensation and benefits, which are effective the first day of employment!
Equal Opportunity Employer