Academic Advisor II, College of Nursing
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Academic Advisor II, College of Nursing - Davie, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Analyzes application and enrollment data, and implements recruitment strategies to increase prospective student inquiries and enrollment. Works with the Central FAU departments to coordinate admission processes i.e. student applications, official transcripts, residency paperwork.
- Works with the Program Director to assure each student understand the policies and procedures related to progression in the BSN program including registration, plans of study, and graduation certification.
- Host information sessions, meet visitors and counsel prospective and admitted students and families.
- Works with the immunization department, registrar's office, IRM and international student office to ensure that prospective students' paperwork is finalized.
- Maintains a high level of customer service, professionalism, and confidentiality while providing individualized assistance to students throughout the application process.
- Assists with the interpretation and implementation of University and the College policies as they relate to admissions and registration of the market rate programs and online programs.
- Advises/counsels students on their academic programs, including administering academic policy, updating records for currently enrolled students, facilitating registration, orientation, and graduation certification.
- Facilitates and organizes orientation for new groups starting in Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Manages the collection and processing of student payments and company billing; send reports at the end of each semester with collection status program.
- Bridges communication between students, faculty and University contributing to a spirit of collegiality and optimal student teaching/learning experience.
- Collects and organizes summarizing data related to applicant, students and graduates of the BSN program and reports this information to the Program Director, Associate Dean of Academic Programs, and Dean.
- Manages the coordination and delivery of academic support services within the College.
- Maintains databases and reports to build a pipeline of prospective students, engaging with them from initial contact to enrollment.
- Oversees graduation paperwork and audit for all students.
- Prepares and schedules events for the programs.
- Resolves problems as they arise or recommends viable solutions.
- Exercises independent judgment while managing students in their respective programs.
- Provides general office support if requested in other areas i.e. retention, registration.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience required.
Previous experience working as an advisor preferred.
Outstanding customer service skills and task management/prioritization are required.
Must be passionate about working in a diverse work environment.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ13336.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.