Clinical IT Field Analyst I
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Clinical IT Field Analyst I to join our team of professionals.
- Provides overall Information Technology (IT) computer support to the faculty, staff, and students of the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) and FIU Health involving problem resolution and service requests.
- Performs computing equipment (desktops, laptops, tablets, peripherals, etc.) setup and deployment at local and remote sites. Drives to and from affiliated sites and campuses as needed.
- Communicates with end users to identify, explain, and resolve issues; organizes work based on established priorities with little to no supervision.
- Works with HWCOM IT Asset Management system to create, track, manage, and report on IT assets.
- Troubleshoots, installs, upgrades, maintains, and repairs computing equipment hardware and software issues, including connectivity problems, at local and remote sites. Works with vendors for escalated troubleshooting efforts and parts replacements.
- Works with HWCOM IT Ticketing system to create, track, manage, escalate, and report on help desk tickets based on established time frame.
- Works off hours as needed to maintain IT and AV systems uptime and operational continuity.
- Provides support and troubleshooting for AV systems (including Crestron, EMS, and others) in learning facilities (classrooms and simulation center) and conference rooms.
- Provides assistance during exam administrations and performs support, testing and troubleshooting for assessment applications (i.e. Examplify, Respondus), Zoom, and application plugins.
- Serves as a liaison between HWCOM IT department and works with University Division of Information Technology (DoIT) subject matter experts.
- Participates in the on-call (24x7) IT support schedule as requested by the supervisor to maintain adequate coverage throughout the year. Must carry the on-call phone during on-call shift and respond to IT support requests based on established procedures and guidelines for 24x7 support.
- Provides status reports, problem summaries, and project status as required.
- Develops and provides documentation, assists in creating IT procedures and guidelines.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Provides technical support to computers that access FBI's Criminal Justice Information Service (CJIS) data which is protected and confidential information. Employee does not have direct access to CJIS data. Employee may be exposed to data while providing technical support to employees who work with CJIS data on their computer.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one (1) year of IT experience, OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Working knowledge and experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows, Mac OS, and IOS.
- Experience with desktop and laptop hardware installs for PC and Apple devices in an enterprise healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS.
- Working knowledge of industry standard concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to document existing and new processes.
- Experience with working in academic environment preferred.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527474.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.