Social Media Manager
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
he Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Social Media Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Leads the creation, implementation, and optimization of the social media strategy. Sets goals, benchmarks and objectives for content and social channel performance. Collaborates with HWCOM units and stakeholders to support unit goals and needs.
- Oversees Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) and other college sanctioned media accounts. Identifies emerging social media trends and networks and ideates on how HWCOM can best leverage these.
- Collaborates with HWCOM unit liaisons to develop social media communication campaigns and strategies for strategic initiatives that drive university-wide goals.
- Analyses and interprets media/communication administrative rules and policies to effectively manage educational media/communication administration. Implements and watches for social media policy compliance across HWCOM platforms.
- Measures impact of social media on overall marketing efforts and evaluates results. Assists in the creation of social media performance reports and analysis for paid and organic content.
- Analyzes qualitative data from first-party sources in order to gather findings and actionable insights in order to make recommendations to optimize social media strategies.
- Uses social media listening strategies and tools to monitor social conversations that impact HWCOM. Monitors conversations and trends that might grow into crises and reports to key stakeholders.
- Engages with audiences using the established University tone in order to have a consistent voice across all HWCOM social channels.
- Monitors comments and assists with questions in posted content and direct communication channels (inbox management).
- Identifies trends and conversations both inside and outside HWCOM that provides opportunity for interaction. Assists in the cultivation of partnerships with social media influencers.
- Assists in developing strategies for brand management, reputation management, including managing comments on digital channels under the supervision of the Director of Media and Community Relations.
- Coordinates with the central brand marketing team and the HWCOM marketing office to develop breakthrough content campaigns that accelerate social performance.
- Works hand in hand with the central Multimedia team and the HWCOM marketing office to brainstorm and develop content. Establishes content priorities and plans accordingly.
- Provides management and curation of social media content for all HWCOM flagship accounts.
- Oversees the editorial, creative and approval management of all social media content and messages under the direction of the HWCOM Director of Media and Community Relations. Identifies best publishing times and schedules content to achieve best results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field and three (3) years of experience working with social media in a communications, marketing, or public relations setting.
- 3-5 years of social media and marketing experience. Strong writing skills.
- Previous experience managing social media campaigns and/or various social media platforms.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOB ID: 526820. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.