Temporary Administrative Manager
Temporary Administrative Manager
Job Opening # 527515
The parking and transportation department is currently seeking a temporary administrative manager to join their team of professionals.
- Assists the Director of Administrative Services with the management and operations of the Parking Software System and Customer Service Center
- Ensures functionality, implementation, and business processes are functioning properly
- Ensures control process of data systems are met
- Plans and executes new development projects according to the defined processes and quality standards
- Serves as a liaison with service providers integrated with the parking software operations to ensure functionality
- Communicates customer concerns and provides recommendations on resolving issues
- Manages operations for the Customer Service Center which includes delegation of duties and tasks to team members
- Plans and directs operations improving on productivity and efficiency and ensures staff coverage of area
- Provides guidance and support to front line team members under Customer Service and IT
- Assists the Director of Administrative Services with procedure development and ensures adherence for the area
- Monitors and measures service metrics and utilizes data to develop standards, improvements, and changes to process. Analyzes data and reports findings with recommendations
- Defines and communicates customer service standards to front line team members
- Assists the Director of Administrative Services with multi-media content planning and development
- Provides weekly project requests for postings and monitors social media sites
- Works closely with the student employees to develop and update content on the website and other social media venues
- Collaborates with internal marketing and design teams to ensure brand management across all channels
- Assists the Director of Administrative Services with special projects as needed
- Serves as a liaison between the various departments of FIU to support the department’s initiatives
- Flexibility to work weekends to assists with Department Operations
- College degree and/or appropriate experience in management
- IT knowledge
- Customer service experience
- Detail oriented
- Management skills
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
- Criminal Background Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid e-mail account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. In this account, you are able to track your applicant status in "My Applications".
In order to be considered eligible for the position as an internal candidate, departmental staff must meet minimum requirements of the position, be in good performance standing, and have been continuously employed at the University for at least six months.
Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae into one attachment. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID 527515.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.