Registrar's Office Specialist
The Registrar’s Office Specialist serves as the first point of contact for the Juniata College Registrar’s Office, supporting students, faculty, staff, and alumni by performing essential reception, customer service, and administrative functions. The Registrar’s Office Specialist understands policies and processes for all functions of the office and cultivates relationships with campus partners to facilitate the fulfillment of responsibilities and requests. Performance of complex office duties requiring independent judgment as well as the ability to work with a variety of constituents is required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a front-line receptionist for the office by fielding in-person, email, phone, and fax inquiries and requests, and responding in a timely and service-oriented manner.
- Process with exceptional accuracy transactions related to all aspects of student academic records, including biographic data, name changes, withdrawals and hiatuses, academic programs, academic advising, and grades.
- Evaluate and apply transfer credit, Advanced Placement scores, and other results to student academic records.
- Perform data entry and process transactions related to all aspects of course registration, including but not limited to schedule-building, classroom assignments, student registration, and course withdrawals.
- Coordinate all functions and services related to transcript requests, enrollment/degree verifications, and background checks for or by current or former students.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Advising as well as all office functions related to academic advising.
- Provide administrative and program planning support for all office functions related to new student orientation for both degree-seeking students as well as dual-enrollment and other non-degree students.
- Perform administrative tasks related to the academic integrity process and maintain related student records.
- Provide administrative support for all office functions related to graduation.
- Perform general office assistant functions, including correspondence, billing and payment processing, ordering of office supplies, file and records management, etc.
- Assist the Registrar and Assistant Registrar as needed.
- Manage other projects as necessary. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Formally reports to and is supervised by the Registrar.
- Additional supervision is given by the Assistant Registrar.
- Additional direction and guidance are provided by the Director of Advising for duties related to academic advising and by the Provost or designee for duties related to the academic integrity process.
- Assists in the supervision of student workers.
- Works within the boundaries of academic policies and procedures as established by Juniata faculty and administration and in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED are required. An administrative assistant associate’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in an administrative support capacity in an office setting is required. Experience working in a registrar’s office or another higher education setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with office information systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn and use specialized software applications, including Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Ability to work autonomously on projects and tasks as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups.
This job description may be revised as needed in response to changing needs of the Juniata College community.
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical, and religious reasons. Weekly testing will be required for the unvaccinated. Those granted exceptions for reasons other than approved medical or religious exemption will be assessed a monthly testing fee.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance the ethnic and gender diversity in both its campus and curriculum. The College takes these steps not only for legal obligations, but because it fully believes that such actions are basic to human dignity.