Assistant Professor - Physician Assistant ProgramLock Haven University
Lock Haven University
Assistant Professor - Physician Assistant Program - (Two Positions)
Lock Haven Main Campus Lock Haven University is accepting applications for two part-time, temporary faculty positions in the Physician Assistant Studies Program at the Lock Haven main campus beginning on or about May 21, 2018 and ending August 17, 2018. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Faculty will be assigned to the Lock Haven Main Campus with teaching responsibilities at other teaching locations as assigned.
- Teach lectures within a team based modular format~ approximately 5 hours per semester.
- Supervise and visit second year PA students ~ 4 per semester.
- Facilitate summer physical diagnosis labs, 2 afternoons per week, ~6 lab sessions
- Facilitate small group instruction.
- Proctor first and second year examinations and evaluate student performance on OSCE examinations.
- Post Office hours 1 day per week for 2 hours
- Attend department faculty meetings.
- Attend “PA Day” Activities and participate in student assessments, and provide lecture support.
- Meet with student advisees during “PA day” activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Masters degree or higher as a physician assistant or in a health related discipline.
- Must have a current NCCPA certification (or board eligibility in a related field) as well as eligibility to practice within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate well and/or perform well in an interview or teaching demonstration.
- Masters Degree or higher in a related discipline
- NCCPA certified physician assistant or licensed, board certified primary care physician