Wastewater Treatment Operator
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
Mid-Centre County Authority, located at 296 Mid-Centre Lane, Milesburg, PA is accepting resumes for a full-time position of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
Under general direction, operate and maintain treatment plant equipment to achieve a quality effluent; perform general maintenance tasks; respond to alarms; take corrective action to remedy condition; perform work requests from the Plant Manager and lab sampling/testing.
- High School Education or equivalent
- Valid PA Driver’s License, Class B CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL within 6 months after hire
- PA Wastewater Systems Operator Certification Class D Type 1 minimum and a minimum of six months of work experience relevant to water, wastewater, collection systems, or closely related construction, engineering, or environmental systems operation and maintenance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate decanting equipment operations with Plant Manager to facilitate the processing of sludge to meet plant operating requirement.
- Control and monitor decanting to assure that equipment and controls are operating properly, as well as efficiently and safely; assure proper maintenance of all decanting equipment.
- Tour treatment plant to visually inspect all process equipment; check and verify proper operation of all monitoring, sampling and testing equipment; calibrate all sensors and monitoring equipment to assure proper operation.
- Monitor and respond to alarm system when computer operating system alerts to problem; take appropriate steps to correct and provide immediate update to Plant Manager.
- Perform general maintenance duties on wastewater treatment facilities to meet individual contract requirements.
- Perform sampling and testing as required for DPDES permit discharge limitations or for maintain proper operational parameters.
- Keep records of plant process; record measurements, reading and maintenance problems; communicate status of operations with Plant Manager.
- Perform any other job duties that may be necessary and is not included on this list as directed by Plant Manager.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant operating standards.
- Knowledge of safety standards and procedures in treatment plant environment.
- Knowledge of department rules and procedures.
- Knowledge of NPDES permit standards required per plant.
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant computer-operated control systems.
- Ability to cooperate with coworkers on group tasks.
- Ability to adhere to safety standards and recognize warnings and hazards.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize tasks to meet appropriate time schedules required for sample collections
- Ability to interface with computer and computer-controlled operating systems.
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
Work is frequently performed alone and may be performed inside around noisy equipment or outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Work is performed around a variety of potentially hazardous mechanical and electrical equipment and occasionally hazardous substances. Position requires inclusion on schedule for the rotation of on-call duty and working weekends.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be misconstrued as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job.
Mid-Centre County Authority offers a benefit package and paid time off. If you are interested, please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Stephanie MacNamara, Office Manager at email@example.com.