Enterprise Director for Employee Insurance
Job Class: Enterprise Director
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified applicants
Date Posted: 9/16/2022
Closing Date: 10/10/2022
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota and Management Budget (MMB)
Division/Unit: - Enterprise Employee Relations/Employee Insurance
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: No
Salary Range $47.13 - $67.61/hourly; $98,407 - $141,169/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Enterprise Director for Employee Insurance provides executive management, leadership, strategic direction, and team building to the operations of the section so that benefits and insurance policies are developed, priorities are established, and benefits programs are implemented in an integrated way throughout the state. The focus of this position is on operation of the insurance program for state employees and their families. The Enterprise Director will champion organizational evaluation, and change. This position leads Employee Insurance to assure high quality, cost-effective programs within the framework of applicable state and federal laws and rules. This position has managerial responsibility for five units within Employee Insurance– Contracts & Networks, Research & Analytics, Population Health, Employee Assistance Program, and Member Services. This role will work collaboratively with leaders in state agencies, boards, councils, and commissions, along with state employee union leaders, so that all State of Minnesota employees have access to high-quality cost-effective group insurance and other related benefits. Employee Insurance is part of the Enterprise Employee Resource division at MMB.
The State Employee Group Insurance Program (SEGIP) provides a variety of health and well-being benefit programs for state employees and employees in other organizations statutorily authorized to participate in SEGIP. The state's health benefits include medical, and a pharmacy benefit, as well as programs that offer health coaching and worksite wellness initiatives. It also offers fully employee paid optional coverages including employee, spouse and child life, disability, vision, and pre-tax spending accounts for medical, dental, dependent care, parking, and commuting expenses. Through our employee assistance program, SEGIP also supports employee well-being at home and in the workplace. SEGIP is a leader in the development of innovative programs that help hold down costs while improving the overall health of employees and their dependents. SEGIP's mission is to help each employee achieve and maintain health in every aspect of their lives.
Five (5) years of work experience which must include a minimum of three (3) years at a supervisory or managerial level and/or Bachelor's degree (or higher) in areas such as Health Administration, Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, or Business plus three (3) years of supervisory and managerial experience. Work experience must be focused in such areas as health care policy (coverage, access to care, quality of care, and health care costing/funding) and/or employer-sponsored insurance benefits, employee customer service benefits administration, health care financing and/or purchasing strategies, including value-based purchasing strategies; and/or state and federal insurance laws.
Leadership: demonstrated management skills and experience to strategically plan, evaluate, influence, organize, and motivate team members in order to reach goals; ability to lead and advocate change for continuous improvement, efficiency, and value in program services; and the ability to decisively and effectively resolve complex personnel problems, evaluate situations and decide upon a recommended course of action while balancing the needs across various centers of excellence, departments, agencies and programs; strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Communications/Human Relations: superior oral and written skills to successfully interact, proactively engage, and cultivate strong relationships with a diverse audience of internal and external customers, as well as various levels of management staff; ability to influence agency leadership and decision makers; understanding of relationships to drive effective collaboration with peers and stakeholders; commitment to leading and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace; and demonstrated abilities to properly effect escalations for informational, executive level decision-making, and conflict resolution processes.
Computer skills: proficiency in using Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel to manage program areas, communicate with customers; collect and analyze data, and format, review and edit documents.
Technical skills: considerable skill in developing health insurance policy, explaining group insurance principles and administrative procedures to individuals and groups; skill in negotiating, coordinating the activities of several different groups, surveying policies and procedures of other employers, and conducting needs analyses; knowledge of healthcare and employee benefits, along with emerging trends in these domains.
- Ability to collaborate with compliance teams to ensure benefit programs are effectively communicated and legally compliant;
- Direct experience leading and managing large, complex, cross-functional projects to achieve key business objectives;
- Ability to engage with internal and external partners to advance broad thinking around health care design and delivery;
- Experience managing multiple project deliverables;
- Solutions-oriented self-starter with proactive and inquisitive nature who can anticipate and preempt problems;
- Demonstrated knowledge of innovative and creative practices in benefits design and administration;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Experience and knowledge of change and transition management principles, methodologies and tools;
- Forward looking with a holistic approach;
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts;
- Demonstrated experience directly managing in a diverse and inclusive work environment;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRIS and benefit system tools and components;
- Knowledge of regulatory agencies impacting Employee Insurance programs sufficient to know their function, compliance requirements and information sources;
- Experience with collective bargaining process, labor agreement administration, and union/management relations;
- Experience with a call/service center environment;
- Experience evaluating RFPs for insurance;
- Experience testifying before the legislature and/or similar other venues such as senior leadership teams or boards;
- Experience developing business models to fit changing economic and policy dynamics.
This position will have the flexibility to telecommute, work a hybrid schedule or work in the office. The incumbent will be required to complete a telework agreement. The incumbent may be expected to work a portion of their time in the office.
Minnesota Management and Budget will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and a criminal background check prior to appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Job Posting Number: 59141
Posting Closes: 10/10/2022