General Ledger Accountant
Moapa Band of Paiutes is now hiring a Salary/Exempt General Ledger Accountant.
$52,000 - $62,000/ year - Pay depends on experience
COVID 19 vaccination is required prior to application.
Position open until filled
The general ledger accountant will be responsible for maintaining the general ledger of the Tribe.
· Works directly with and under supervision of CFO.
· Need to be self-motivated, be able to solve complex problems, and be focused to accomplish tasks assigned.
· Works with accounting clerical staff to ensure complete accounting entries are performed.
Required Accounting Knowledge:
· Accounting education and background with 5+ years working experience working with general ledger systems.
· An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and how to apply them to the accounting system.
· Will be required to understand or quickly learn governmental accounting principles.
· Computer knowledge to include competency with Microsoft Office applications. Excel knowledge a must.
Summary of tasks expected to perform:
- Will be required to perform analysis on large amounts of data, summarize, propose and prepare required journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts of individual funds and pooled accounts of the Tribe.
- Reconcile grant revenue and grant expenditure accounts in coordination with Tribal grants office.
- Reconcile revenue and accounts receivable records.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Work professionally with external auditors to complete annual audit.
- Other general accounting tasks.
- Accounting or bookkeeping degree.
- Valid driver's license
- Must be insurable by the tribe’s insurance
- Must have had Covid 19 vaccine
Indian Preference Per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended