Certified School Psychologist K-12
Moshannon Valley School District is accepting applications for the current opening: Certified School Psychologist K-12- Full Time Position.
This position provides full benefits, and offers family coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision. We also provide Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, various leaves, all at no cost to the employee. The position is included in the Public School Employees Retirement System (PSERS).
A valid PA school psychologist certification required.
Moshannon Valley is a small, rural school located in Clearfield County Pa. We have approx. 800 K-12 students. The district fosters a caring environment for the success both students and staff. This rural setting is centrally located in Pa and is within driving distance of several major cities – Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Philadelphia.
Responsibilities for School Psychologist
- Screen students for potential psychological issues and make recommendations for treatment plans based on this screening
- Network with teachers and families to create 504 plans and Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) that help ensure success for kids who have disabilities
- Counsel students and parents while pointing them toward further resources when needed
- Collaborate with the special education team to design and implement intervention strategies and programs
- Administer therapy to children with developmental, learning or behavioral delays
- Work with at-risk youth who are in need of educational intervention to help them achieve success
- Analyze and treat school children using psychoanalytic and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding student health and academic records
Qualifications for School Psychologist
- A Valid PA school psychologist certification is required.
- Experience working as a school interventionist or psychologist
- Firm understanding of child and school psychology
- Commitment to continuing education as a school psychologist throughout your career
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Ability to maintain and organize confidential records
- Understanding and commitment to following all related laws and standards
- Organizational, scheduling and planning skills to manage complex schedule, and the schedule of many kids