Vice President of Advancement
Vice President of Advancement
Salary Range: Annually from $89,000 to $142,500 *Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION AND THE DEPARTMENT
As Vice President of Advancement (VPA), this individual stewards the college’s communications, marketing, brand strategy, public and government relations, and grants in alignment with its mission, vision, and strategic goals. They provide oversight for fund development through grants, marketing, and relations with media, community, and government. They are also the primary liaison with the Normandale Foundation to advance philanthropy and fundraising in support of the college's mission.
This is a senior leadership, cabinet-level position that reports directly to the president. The VPA collaborates with other college leaders on a diverse range of college-wide plans, projects, and initiatives; serves on a variety of committees and work groups; and may serve as the president’s designated representative of the college in community and public settings.
The following qualifications are required to move forward your candidacy; as such, ensure your application contains descriptions of your work experience sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in each of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Education, Public or Nonprofit Administration, or a related field
- At least five (5) years of progressively senior leadership roles that include supervising, leading, and inspiring teams.
- Deep background and breadth of experience in communications, marketing, and public/media relations.
- Experience stewarding organizational branding and web and social media platforms.
- Proven ability to lead change and grow an advancement-related function, preferably in a collaborative, non-profit, or public sector organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make data-informed, equity-minded, and independent decisions, including those regarding confidential matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with people with varied life experiences, and exceptional written, oral, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of and dedication to the mission and values of a community college, with an understanding and appreciation of fundraising, donor relations, and grants work.
- Solid knowledge of key state and federal laws and regulations governing nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Organizational leadership with at least five (5) years of executive experience in communications, marketing, or public/media relations
- Incontrovertible dedication to Normandale’s mission, vision, and values
- Familiarity with fundraising and the philanthropic community in the Twin Cities metropolitan area
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, annually serving almost 15,000 students from a diverse set of backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow, learn, and advance their careers while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students and employees to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale Community College offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical, dental, vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; generous vacation and sick leave as well as 11 paid holidays each year; employer paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; and tax-deferred compensation plans. Additional benefits include tuition waivers for yourself and eligible dependents once certain criteria are met, and may professional development opportunities. For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP.
This position is also part of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Personnel Plan for Administrators. The contract (https://www.minnstate.edu/system/working/docs/contracts/administrators-plan.pdf) outlines many additional benefits provided.
For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure through MMB.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The college is committed to honoring human differences. We expect and cultivate inclusion of different values and ideas. We are committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at (952) 358-8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
The vacancy is posted on-line from 25 August 2022 through 21 September 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your online application and supporting information to: https://normandale.peopleadmin.com/postings/1816
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how your qualifications align with the requirements of this position; and
- Upload (attach) current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be available to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.