Manager of Training and Development
Manager of Training and Development
The Teachers’ Retirement System of the City of New York (TRS) is a public pension fund that provides New York City educators with retirement, disability, and death benefits. TRS is currently the City’s second-largest pension system and it is one of the largest pension plan sponsors in the United States, with more than $100 billion in assets and over 215,000 members, retirees, and beneficiaries.
TRS' Office of Operations is seeking a Training and Development Manager who will be responsible for delivering required and optional training programs for the agency. In connection with the Directors and Executive Office, he/she will be responsible for delivering blended learning solutions in order to increase team member and leader goal achievement, engagement, and retention. This is accomplished by researching training programs, working with vendors and consultants, developing schedules, contacting departments for requested training, tracking training attended, completing needs analysis for future activities, and help with new hire training.
Training and Development Responsibilities:
- Ensure strategic alignment to the agency goals/objectives
- Enhance current and/or identify new and innovative effectiveness initiatives (i.e., competencies and skills), new hire curriculum and on-going training.
- Identify training needs by consulting with stakeholders, using needs and skills assessments
- Evaluate individual and department training knowledge to ensure training is meeting agency needs and is improving team and individual performance
- Optimize training delivery, delivery mechanisms and processes
- Manage the organization wide training budget in collaboration with budget Unit and Executive Office
- Utilize current technologies, formats and devices to prepare and deliver topics and achieve more effective learning and use this knowledge to propose innovative modes of delivery to agency staff
- Manage the TRS mentoring program. Conduct gap analysis, manage IDP planning, feedback, and coaching sessions for this initiative. Design and deliver workshops in line with this initiative. Monitor and support matches and Service Now SLA. Reporting/dashboards creation will be required.
- Manage and maintain TRS Learning Management System for both content and delivery of training.
- Design, build, automate, and maintain LMS tool, templates, and resources to drive adoption, facilitate training, and support knowledge transfer initiatives
- Liaise with subject matter experts and project teams to co-author and disseminate key innovations and learnings
- Provides internal training on new technology, ensure job aides and guides are available and current.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in one or more fields related to education, communications, organizational learning or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields; professional certification (Training/L&D). Must have 12 credits of mathematics, statistic, accounting and/or actuarial science.
- Minimum of 7+ years of in-house or field training experience delivering city and/or industry experience with understanding of instructional design and delivery preferred.
- 5+ years of direct experience in content/knowledge management and training materials preferably supporting digital or technology disciplines.
- Must have experience with LMS and data management systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication
- Strategic thinking
- Team focus
- Drive for Results
- Professional Confidence
TRS offers competitive salaries and the following benefits:
- Pension Plan (The New York Employees' Retirement System).
- 401(k) and Roth 457 Retirement Savings Programs
- S. Savings Bonds
- Flexible Spending Program
- Health Benefits, Dental, Vision Coverage, Prescription Drug Program.
- Training and Professional Development.
- Opportunity for Scholarship; College Savings Program
- Flexible Work Hours, Paid Holidays and Sick/Annual Leave
- Student Loan Forgiveness
New York City Residency is required for this position
Please note: As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability. If you are offered city employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved by the hiring agency.
For additional information on this posting and to apply: External Candidate, please go to NYC Careers and search for Job ID#: 527673