Accounting AssistantPBCI-ALLEN Mechanical & Electrical
PBCI-Allen Mechanical & Electrical (established in 1995) is one of the largest and most successful Residential/Commercial HVAC, Electrical & Plumbing Construction Companies in Central PA. PBCI-Allen is in need of a full-time Accounting Assistant with an Associate Degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping and 2 years or more of professional work experience, directly related to the degree.
The Accounting Assistant provides direct accounting & clerical support to our Accounting Manager, as well as, ancillary support (authorized by Accounting Manager) to other managers in the company. This position is also required to provide assistance to our customers through direct front desk contact & via phone.
PBCI-Allen offers competitive hourly pay (based on experience). We also offer Medical, Dental, Eye, Long Term, Short Term & additional Voluntary Insurance Benefits. We are proud to provide a 401K, paid vacation, paid sick time & paid holidays. Accounting Assistant hours include Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
- Excel, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word *Candidates not proficient with the computer programs listed above, will not be considered for this position*
- Processing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable (including job costing).
- Recording, in-house, all work related accidents and reporting all accidents to our Workers Compensation insurance company.
- Maintaining organized, accurate accounting related filing and reporting systems.
- Assigning, PO#'s, after obtaining & entering required job costing information from employees who are required to make purchases for project materials.
- Entering employee time cards & contacting any employees having incomplete time cards in order to resolve discrepancies.
- Sorting mail and being alert to extremely time sensitive materials which require immediate attention of managers and owners.
- Handling all sensitive company and employee information with complete confidentiality.
- Operating on site copier, printer, scanner, fax and related office equipment.
- Maintaining a professional presence in our office environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, productive, professional relationships with staff at all levels.
Applicants must submit a current, up-to-date resume with work history and experience in order to be considered for this position .