We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with Penelec, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [PN]
This position is an employment opportunity at our Oil City, PA location working second shift 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Packing pump bearings; tightening body bolts; re-bushing wheels; front end springs, relining brakes; dismantling transmissions and differentials; changing springs; adjusting starters and generators; minor repairing on bodies and fenders; cleaning up troubles on units out on the road, etc.
- Under direct supervision inspects, repairs, over-hauls, adjusts and maintains all types of transportation and construction equipment.
- May be required to prepare time sheets, running records, purchase orders, gasoline and oil records and perform other clerical work as required.
- Refuels and maintains periodic lubrications; makes daily check on fuel consumption, tire inflation, etc.
- Upon occasion or in emergency performs other related or less skilled work as required or directed, including the operation of automotive equipment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Reside within 40-minute travel time of the service location.
- Must possess a Pennsylvania Class A, CDL license with the required endorsements.
- Must possess a Class 4 or Class 7 Pennsylvania State Inspection License.
- Minimum 1-2 years previous mechanic experience.
- Must submit to our pre-employment physical and substance screenings.
Must pass a background investigation, which will include a driver's abstract from Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team