DEPARTMENT: Office of Admissions
REPORTS TO: Director, Enrollment Operations
The Admissions Coordinator shall lead Undergraduate Admissions Office in developing a formal campus visit program that will include planning and organizing daily scheduling of individual tours and campus visit inquiries. Additionally, this position is responsible for various administrative support duties necessary for the recruitment and admission of incoming students within the Office of Admissions. This position serves as an integral part of the Admissions Support Team maintaining an advanced level of knowledge. Duties include answering the telephone in support of scheduling all visit appointments and special requests; greeting prospective students and their families; facilitating parking for visitors; coordination of the Live Chat window providing specialized outreach on our web site; managing text-message responses for visit confirmations; and assisting with logging and distributing mail and with the data entry of applications for admissions as needed. We seek energetic candidates with a strong sense of initiative, professionalism, the ability to work well independently and in a team, and the capacity to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, excelling in writing and public-speaking skills, strong computer skills, high energy and ability to articulate the benefits of an education at Point Park University is required. Experience in college admissions (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for both internal and external audiences a must.
- Maintain high-level program knowledge base to effectively answer questions.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Must be able to utilize technology and maintain various forms of technology including e-communication to inform and engage others.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain focus on those tasks and be a self-starter who can work with little supervision.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. CRM, SMS Magic and Live Chat software experience preferred.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Campus Visit Scheduling. The primary overall function of this position is to ensure that all admissions visitors receive a warm welcome and enjoy a thorough, informative and well-organized visit.
- Manage daily campus visit requests from online form / inquiries, providing potential visitors with additional information, scheduling assistance, and prompt follow-up.
- Set the standard for exceptional customer service practices by providing outstanding service to all prospective students, enrolled students and University constituents by greeting prospective students and their families upon their arrival to campus.
- Spot check the Admission parking lot for any potential issues for our visiting families.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and faculty within the University.
- Within JRM system, send confirmation communication on a daily basis to prospective students and their families who will be visiting the campus, as scheduled. Manage the confirmation appointment phone calls day prior to meetings to all necessary parties utilizing the work study students.
- Be highly organized with the ability to problem solve quickly and efficiently. Attention to visit detail is essential and be able to provide a smiling warm welcome - even for unexpected visitors.
- Secure presentation room space when applicable to visit coordination. Work in conjunction with the CES office to coordinate room reservations for all events and visits as needed.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Welcome Center on a daily basis. Inventory control for visit supplies such as bottled Point Park Water and coffee supplies.
- Evaluate visit program success through frequent assessment; collaborate with Data Manager in order to provide reports to supervisor highlighting successes and recommendations for improvements.
- Technical Proficiency needed for Visit Coordination.
- Use Microsoft Outlook and JRM Salesforce's visit object to coordinate track and report on-campus visits for prospective undergraduate students.
- This includes scheduling the appointment that will encompass an admission interview and campus tour.
- It can also encompass a meeting with financial aid, meeting with academic department of interest, observing a class, and lunch.
- This position will solidify and build a well-rounded campus visit schedule for each appointment using our JRM system, so technology skills are needed.
- Work collaboratively with webmaster and other staff to develop effective marketing campaigns, materials, and communications designed to promote the campus visit program. Manage visit dates with the webmaster maintaining current dates on the web site form and Form Assembly software.
- Work in conjunction with CES to provide updated daily visitor information for welcome slides across campus electronic signage.
- Work alongside Admissions Data Manager and Director to facilitate text-message responses via SMS Magic for visit confirmation.
- Coordinate with Director of Admissions Support team to prepare and share monthly visit reports to enrollment management leadership as well as other staff members.
- Technical Proficiency needed for Mail Entry. In conjunction with other support staff members, review incoming documents, rename as needed, log into JRM system, update prospective student records, process test scores as needed.
- Manage LiveChat software alongside other support staff members and act as communication liaison with prospective students accessing the chat during work hours to answer their specific questions via the web site. Provide quarterly reports on the status of our chats at staff meetings.
- Answer all calls on the toll-free and main department extension lines and route accordingly for all members of undergraduate admissions team. Use the JRM software to verify data to callers questioning receipt of application items.
- Note Taking. Excellent note-taking skills necessary to generate office correspondence, including weekly staff meeting minutes and retreat minutes with calls to action.
Assist other members of the support team and counseling staff with projects as necessary and appropriate.
Must be able to work the occasional Saturday. Assistance in on-campus events as applicable may require occasional later hours on week nights or Saturdays with advanced notice.
Daily review of applications. Serve as backup to review all domestic, on-ground undergraduate admission applications daily creating and sharing the daily application list with staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.