AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN – Tigard, OR
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Rogers Machinery, since 1949, is a recognized leader in the compressed air industry. We have 7 Northwest locations: Seattle, Centralia and Spokane, WA; Portland and Eugene, OR; Boise, ID and Eureka, CA.
Our highly trained Automation Technicians are an integral part of our success, providing value to our customers after the sale. For more company information, please visit our web site at www.rogers-machinery.com.
BENEFITS: favorable work environment, 401K, full medical and dental coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, cell phone allowance, and work at home 60% of the time (during the Coronavirus pandemic). Pay is negotiable and depends on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for controls engineering in a production environment. Responsibilities involve PLC, HMI, and VFD programming, in-shop testing and debugging, troubleshooting support, FMS integration support, research and development, functional acceptance tests, field service and startups. Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment and manage multitasking. Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 25% to jobsites.
Exert force of 50-100 lbs. occasionally and 25-50 lbs. frequently, 10-20 lbs. constantly.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Understanding of control systems, components, ladder logic programming, SCADA networks and their applications.
- Experience with PLC and HMI software such as Rockwell Automation RSLogix 500, Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View Studio, Connected Components Workbench, Siemens S7 MicroWin, Beijer iX Developer, and Codesys.
- Experience with PLC and HMI hardware such as Allen-Bradley MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, PanelView, and Beijer X2 Pro/Control.
- Experience with Variable Speed Drive setup and control such as Allen Bradley PowerFlex, ABB, and Toshiba
- Proficient with control system network protocols such as Ethernet I/P, DF1, Modbus RTU and TCP, BACnet MSTP and UDP/IP
- Interpret piping and instrumentation diagrams and electrical schematics.