Endpoint Systems Manager
Department: IT - Technical Services
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Hours per Week: 40
Weeks per Year: 52
FLSA Determination: Exempt
Open Date: 06/03/202
Open Until Filled: Yes
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse, representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S. students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than 90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution located in the capital city of Hartford, Conn. With more than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead transformative lives.
Trinity College is seeking an Endpoint Systems Manager to join a forward-thinking and merged IT, library, and data division. You will join our community at an exciting time, as we re-imagine our technology systems to support student success as part of our ambitious Summit Strategic Plan.
The Endpoint Systems Manager is responsible for overseeing Trinity’s Endpoint systems technology, operations, and services. Reporting to the Associate Director of Technical Support Services, the Manager will plan, develop, implement, and maintain Endpoint related systems and services, as well as audit and assess outcomes.
- Develop, deploy and support staff, lab, and faculty images for desktops and laptops.
- Manage projects supporting Endpoint technologies, including the yearly computer lifecycle replacement project and yearly operating system image updates.
- Maintain and support Trinity’s centrally managed print services, including the management of uniFLOW.
- Deploy and maintain virtualized environments for faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with the Associate Director of Technical Support Services to:
- Evaluate and budget capital projects relating to Endpoint management and security.
- Participate in the budget process for Endpoint lifecycle replacement.
- Develop and maintain Endpoint policies regarding the allocation and replacement of desktop and laptop computers, and other Endpoint devices owned by Trinity.
- Establish hardware and software deployment processes and train other technology staff in their use.
- Collaborate with the Head of Media Technology Services to document and facilitate service and software needs relating to classroom and lab computers and software requirements.
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital Learning & Scholarship to maintain discipline specific technology supporting the curriculum.
- Audit and assess outcomes of Endpoint Management at Trinity:
- Track classroom and lab Endpoint usage.
- Assess statistics and produce reports to provide data enabling efficient deployment and utilization of computing resources.
- Ensure validity of reporting and inventory data.
- Provide additional reports and metrics for senior management as required.
One to two years experience in Enterprise lifecycle management application management and administration, including:
- Packaging applications for both Mac and Windows environments.
- Integrating mobility device management.
- Automating desktop administration processes.
- Running hosted desktop, hosted applications, thin clients and or virtualization.
- Experience with patch management for end-users and labs on both Apple and Windows.
- Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to build partnerships with campus constituents.
- Certification with SCCM, Intune, and JAMF preferred.
- Proficient in application and OS deployment tools and the ability to design, implement, and maintain these systems.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must apply online at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/2660 by submitting their resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Review of applications will begin three weeks after the role posting date.
Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination and booster or an approved exemption prior to beginning employment.
Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.