The Tuscarora Intermediate Unit invites applicants for two District Specialist positions.
The Technology Specialist shall be directly responsible to the Director for Technology Services and the Client Services Manager for supervision and evaluation.
Fundamental Duties/Essential Functions
- Consult on a weekly basis with the Educational Technology team to address assigned stakeholders’ needs.
- Provide technical support to TIU staff, programs and affiliates.
- Manage stakeholder helpdesk presence including web based tickets and phone support.
- Provide computer assistance for Apple, ChromeOS, Linux, Mobile, and Windows platforms.
- Provide assistance with approved computer applications operated on the aforementioned computer platforms.
- Provide assistance with maintaining and monitoring associated network and infrastructure systems.
- Provide hardware support and repair for TIU stakeholders.
- Install new computer and network hardware when and where needed.
- Provide support for printers, displays, and other peripherals.
a10. Provide assistance in technology repair service processes.
- Remain current in computer operation systems and applications.
- Provide assistance with the TIU and stakeholder disaster recovery and backup policies.
- Provide assistance with developing customer satisfaction metrics and use these metrics to ensure quality customer service.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- To perform the above tasks may require a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend hours and travel.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director for Technology Services / Client Services Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to orally communicate effectively in English with others in all levels of group and individual contact.
- Ability to communicate effectively using the telephone including personal contacts with office staff and the TIU communities.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing to present ideas logically, using the English language and grammar skills.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.