Vice Chair Position
The University of Connecticut Department of Family Medicine is searching for a Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Quality, and Innovation. A Vice Chair will work with the Chair to grow the clinical services provided and footprint of the department in innovative ways that improve quality and promote health equity, while also facilitating excellence in education and research. The selected individual will help develop and execute departmental strategies that expand the number of faculty, locations of care delivery and the range of clinical services delivered in an innovative fashion. He or she will be responsible for oversight of quality improvement initiatives within the department and will work with leadership at both the University and affiliated healthcare organizations.
The ideal candidate will have experience with budget preparation, a keen interest in operational improvement, experience managing people, and a growth mindset. Other characteristics include trust, integrity, strong work ethic, ability to collaborate, positive attitude, and leading by example.
The position involves clinical care in a suburban clinical site and will serve as a medical director role at that location.
The UConn Family Medicine Department is well-established with a fully accredited residency program, and several practices across two different healthcare organizations (UConn Health and Trinity Health of New England.)
Required Training and Experience:
- MD or DO Board Certified in Family Medicine with a current CT license or eligibility to obtain one
- 5 plus years of experience leading progressive improvements within a clinical environment
- Experience leading Quality Improvement initiatives with demonstrated experience in use of successful techniques such as Lean/Six Sigma, Root Cause analysis, FMEA, PDSA cycles etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex work environment
Preferred Training and Experience
- Additional training such as an MBA, MHA, MPH or Clinical Informatics training with a focus on clinical environment growth and innovation.
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and congruent with AAMC Faculty Salary table guidelines.
Thomas Agresta, MD, Interim Chair, Department of Family Medicine
Address inquiries/send CV to Wendy Wigglesworth, Administrative Manager email@example.com
Apply via the UCHC Employment Services website at https://jobs.uchc.edu
Search Number 2023-953
UConn Health is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EEO and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer.