About Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Centre County:
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Center County (UUFCC) is a liberal religious community in State College, PA. We are a growing congregation of 350+ adults, and approx. 75 children and youth. UUFCC is an open, nurturing community offering worship services, discussion groups, classes for children and adults, fun gatherings and service opportunities. A warm and welcoming congregation, we have a friendly, relaxed atmosphere both in our services and when we come together in other groups.
The part-time Office Administrator fulfills the day-to-day functions of the front office, provides administrative support to the Minister, supports volunteers, and assists other program staff (Religious Educator and Membership Coordinator) as needed. This position also maintains the web-based congregational calendar, handles social media postings and manages facility rentals. The Office Administrator works with staff and volunteers to prepare and publish a variety of essential materials necessary to keep Fellowship members and visitors informed of activities in the Fellowship. The administrator provides on request additional administrative services such as document creation, making specific contacts with members and businesses, and obtaining needed information. The administrator acts as receptionist for both visitors and phone contacts.
This position is often the first contact the public and prospective members have with our congregation. Therefore, we seek a candidate who is professional in appearance and manner, easily engages in conversation, is a creative problem solver, and enjoys a lively work environment. Self-motivation, attention to detail, and flexibility are critical to this position. The ideal candidate has experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Calendar, social media, database management, and video conferencing, as well as 1-3 years experience in a similar position. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Proven "People Skills" are vitally important. As the UUFCC is a spiritual community, employees are expected to support and care for others in the community.
- Provide support to the Minister
- Provide support to individuals, groups, and activities of the Fellowship
- Prepare and print of weekly order of service
- Compose, prepare and distribute weekly Enews
- Print and distribute monthly newsletter
- Prepare and print documents for annual and mid-year congregational meetings
- Maintain physical and electronic business files of congregation
- Manage space reservations and rentals
- Receive, respond to, and distribute daily physical mail and email
- Instruct volunteers in performing needed administrative tasks
Cloud/Web/Social Media Tasks
- Schedule meetings
- Maintain Fellowship’s web-based calendar
- Update website, Facebook and other social media regularly
This is a part-time, 20 hour/week position. Hours are typically 10:00 am to 2:00pm weekdays. Duties are performed primarily in the Fellowship office, with the option for some remote hours.
Submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references electronically. Resume review will begin September 13 and will continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.