Central Business Office Associate (2 positions)
Central Business Office Associate (2 positions)
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services (ITS) at the University at Albany seeks applicants for a Central Business Office Associate. She/He/They has a shared responsibility for the financial and operational activities of the ITS department, including procurement in excess of $8M annually, processing of payments and billing, budget development assistance, management of over 9000 assets, management of approx. 15 campus-wide software license contracts, and human resources administration of over 100 staff members.
This position is part of the Central Business Office (CBO) within ITS, which serves as a hub for all ITS finance and administrative operations. The Central Business Office Associate is an essential member of ITS and interacts with multiple departments across the university including Purchasing, Accounting, Asset Management, Human Resources, and Facilities Management.
The successful candidate is extremely organized, has an eagerness to learn, and strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify and point out errors or inconsistencies in data. She/He/They will conduct their work with a high degree of integrity and a service mindset. The Central Business Office Associate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to forge collaborative relationships. She/He/They work under limited supervision and have a high degree of autonomy.
- Share responsibility in completing ITS purchase requests for over $8M in purchases
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of transactions
- Work with vendors to ensure invoices are accurate and respond to vendor inquiries
- Track progress of procurement and work with Purchasing Office until completion
- Review and manage accounts and investigate any discrepancies
- Process monthly billing for ITS activities
- Track revenue and expenses and follow up on past-due payments
- Respond to customer inquiries, including providing an explanation of charges
- Asset Management
- Work collaboratively across ITS to ensure accurate asset management (inventory, location, replacement planning, etc.) in a timely matter for 9000+ assets
- Ensure all purchases have the appropriate Asset Management forms
- Record accurate information in the Asset Management database, including the addition and removal of assets
- Human Resources
- Process Human Resources paperwork for ITS staff
- Staff ITS search committees to ensure consistent search and recruitment practices across the department
- Software Licensing
- Oversee approx. 15 software license contracts with a diverse group of software titles for students, faculty, and staff
- Evaluate faculty/staff software license requests outside the standard list for compatibility with educational license model
- Maintain accurate records of approx. 800 software requests per year, and associated activation codes, distribution/assignment of software licenses, and chargebacks to departments
- Additional/Other Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with staff from ITS and other departments on campus to facilitate transactions for all Central Business Office activities
- Serve as a backup for coverage of the reception area
- Perform all operations in compliance with SUNY and New York State financial / procurement policies
- Handle confidential information and matters in a professional manner
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvements
- Be available to provide scheduled support and consultation outside normal business hours, including occasional evenings, holidays, or weekends, within reasonable professional obligation and expectation
- Actively participate, as needed, in ITS projects
- Lift/handle equipment, up to 50 lbs., on occasion
- Associate degree at the time of hire from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to identify errors in data and opportunities for cost savings and workflow efficiencies, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Applicants must clearly address their ability to work with a culturally diverse population in their application or during the interview
- Bachelor's degree at the time of hire from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Two (2) years of experience with New York State procurement
- Experience in human resources, asset management, and/or management of software licenses
- Knowledge of SUNY Business policies, regulations, and financial systems
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL2; $50,000-55,000
- This is an in-person position and is not eligible for telecommuting
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to NYS Labor Law 194-A, no State entity, as defined by the Law, is permitted to rely on, orally or in writing seek, request, or require in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current wage, or salary history as a condition to be interviewed, or as a condition of continuing to be considered for an offer of employment until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation, and for the purpose of verifying information, may such requests be made. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via https://albany.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=155386
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.