Assistant Director, Admissions Strategic Initiative, Remote
Assistant Director, Admissions Strategic Initiative, Remote
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati puts education into action, ranking among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
At UC, today’s possibilities spark tomorrow’s reality.
The Office of Admissions at University of Cincinnati is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions Strategic Initiatives responsible for implementing strategies and analytical tools to drive central initiatives and develop efficiencies within the office and implement and socialize new data-related projects across the office and across University of Cincinnati.
Implement new initiatives and use data to support the strategic direction of the Office of Admissions. Help implement analytic tools across Admissions to use data to support strategic growth, promote efficiencies, and support operational excellence.
This position will offer flexibility for a hybrid remote work arrangement for applicants with a residence within OH/IN/KY. Remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies.
- Serve as a thought partner to the AVP of Admissions to support key initiatives, data technology performance and solutions, and student journey improvement measures.
- Identify areas for enhancement for project- and systems-related training as well as opportunities to create new and further build upon existing training content across analytic, CRM, and other tools across Admissions.
- Develop, coordinate and support Admissions technology solutions and enhancements through data findings to help drive functional areas across the university forward.
- Support management of third-party partners and ensure that follow-up is communicated to the team and executed in a timely manner.
- Support technical projects, identifying and fixing gaps in process, responsible for end-to-end successful outcomes of projects through documentation and associated trainings for each process or technology.
- Coordinate and support strategies based on data and systems analysis to ensure a high degree of responsiveness to external and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate and coordinate with university-wide Institutional Research, BCS, and offices within Admissions to and ensure team, systems and operations work efficiently and effectively.
- Partner closely with CRM team and operations teams throughout Admissions to identify gaps in systems, processes, and data to be able to share with management and improve processes.
- Implement and socialize new data-related projects across Admissions.
- Maintain regular communication and strong working relationships with university peers to facilitate aligned action and coordinated decision-making, and to ensure the team has what they need to succeed.
- Work with external firms as necessary to create, update and maintain system trainings, reporting, and effectiveness to inspire and inform a range of audiences, as well as periodically collaborate in setting strategic improvement goals informed by data.
- Share predictive analyses to promote efficiencies within Admissions, and campus community using analytic tools.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
- Experience managing third-party system implementations, including but not limited to CRMs, data management tools or analytical tools.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Master’s Degree
- Working knowledge of SQL, STATA, SPSS, R, or Tableau.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://bit.ly/3jQgfiG. In addition to completing the online application, applicants must include the following:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position)
- Please use the additional documents feature as needed for these items.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $48,000 - $58,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.