Marketing & Database Assistant (Administrative Program Support 1)
The School of Business Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation (CCEI) is seeking a full-time Marketing & Database Assistant (Administrative Program Support 1). The incumbent will report to the CCEI Program Specialist & Marketing Coordinator and will assist with administrative activities of the Center, specifically in the areas of marketing and database coordination. The position will be based at both the Graduate Business Learning Center in downtown Hartford and the Storrs campus. Evenings and some weekends may be required in support of program events. Occasional in-state travel will also be required in support of program events and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Supporting administrative activities of the Center related to marketing activities and database coordination and providing general office support as needed.
- Supporting marketing and outreach initiatives for CCEI, including but not limited to creating content for and posting on all social media platforms; assisting in the development and preparation of publicity materials; composing and/or editing summaries or articles about news or events; creating content for the CCEI website and making updates as needed.
- Maintaining working relationships with members of the University and public media to promote coverage of department events. Assisting with special media events designed to draw attention to departmental programs.
- Assisting in planning and implementing marketing and promotional strategies.
- Coordinating and maintaining CCEI’s Salesforce database which includes all program participant data, as well as ongoing data tracking for startup companies over time.
- Building out other capabilities in the Salesforce database including survey data collection, application data, and mentor profiles.
- Assisting in the preparation of program surveys and assessments and administering the collections, compilation, and reporting of information to key stakeholders.
- Compiling data and preparing reports used to monitor or assess center activities, programs, and services or project future needs.
- Assisting in the oversight and coordination of Marketing Student Ambassador projects.
- Acting as a resource to students, faculty, staff, and external constituents for information regarding the interpretation and application of policies and regulations governing CCEI activities and programs.
- Maintaining records and preparing necessary reports.
- Associate’s degree in marketing or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree and years requirement.
- Two to three years of administrative experience in higher education, business, or entrepreneurial setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree and years requirement.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion, and experience resolving problems efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Demonstrated experience working accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Proven experience maintaining a database.
- Demonstrated experience supporting marketing and communications efforts.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design software such as Adobe InDesign or Canva.
- Demonstrated experience with content creation and fluency with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to travel to both the Storrs and Hartford CCEI locations regularly as well as other UConn campuses and in-state locations, and to work evenings and weekends as needed in support of Center and School activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education environment in a University setting.
- Proven experience with Salesforce or other customer relationship management databases.
- Demonstrated experience supervising student workers and/or other employees.
This is a full-time position based in Hartford and Storrs, CT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #496543 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 20, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.