Deputy CIO for Planning & Engagement
The University of Vermont is seeking a Deputy CIO for Planning & Engagement (#F2295PO) to provide leadership and guidance in critical areas of technology administration. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and a member of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Leadership Team, the Deputy CIO for Planning & Engagement assists the CIO in managing the complex IT environment to improve effectiveness, and service quality.
The Deputy CIO for Planning & Engagement provides leadership, direction, and support at the institution, state, and/or national level with broad-reaching institutional and/or statewide impact. They will have responsibility for analyzing technology trends and planning for the long-term direction of the IT organization.
The Deputy CIO for Planning & Engagement provides leadership for planning, developing, and implementing information technology initiatives while overseeing cross-institutional initiatives and executive level projects, fostering strategic partnerships in carrying out enterprise-wide computing services for the IT Shared Services organization.
The University of Vermont, established in 1791, is located 90 miles south of Montreal between the Adirondack and Green Mountains on the shores of Lake Champlain. Burlington, Vermont, a city of 50,000, is consistently recognized for its quality of life, from four season outdoor recreation to cultural events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical field.
- At least ten years of progressive experience managing a complex IT organization, leadership and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and developments in information technology; proven ability to anticipate and plan for emerging technologies to meet organizational needs, to organize resources, and to establish priorities.
- Evidence of a security first methodology in IT implementations.
- Experience with risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Experience with financial/business analysis techniques.
- Experience with the implementation of large scale-scale IT projects, including ERP modernization, or the deployment of communications and collaboration technologies in a large organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Any of the following qualifications would strengthen your candidacy:
- A master's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience working in IT within Higher education or public sector.
- Experience leading and managing technology services in a research university or similar environment, including strategic technology requirements, infrastructure services, end-user support and enterprise applications.
- Experience with the implementation of IT strategic planning.
- Proven experience in developing vision, roadmap, and successful technology framework.
- Demonstrated experience with the following: IT Governance, Data Governance, information security frameworks such as NIST.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue.
For further information, or to apply with electronic application, resume, and cover letter, visit our website: https://www.uvmjobs.com/postings/54681