Network Technician (#S3647PO)
The University of Vermont is looking for an experienced network technician with the ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot complex high speed networks which are composed of wired, wireless and fiber optic components. Experience with troubleshooting user connectivity problems and end device configuration issues highly desirable. UVM deploys IPV4 and IPV6 network connectivity and is also a multi-homed redundantly connected network to commercial as well as Internet II and commercial peering. We currently connect 20 remote sites with a combination of DWDM and Ethernet Services back to campus and have 194 buildings on campus.
UVM is a comprehensive research university, and offers its employees competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including tuition remission.
- Associates Degree and/or three to five years’ experience installing and troubleshooting LAN devices in a large network.
- Knowledge of Cisco switching architecture, security practices.
- Knowledge of wireless design principles and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Cisco VoIP principles, configurations and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of fiber optic deployment and troubleshooting.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with problem ticket systems
For more information, visit our website: https://go.uvm.edu/networktechnician
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.