Full-Time 7a-3p, off M/F/EOW
Illinois River Correctional Center
Our Competitive Rates Range From $36.06 to $44/hour
Sign On Bonus Available!
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Performance check-ins with annual merit increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plan with match
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
- Continuing education options
Under the clinical supervision of the Director of Nursing, the incumbent is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Also directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel, while maintaining standards of professional nursing. Utilizes electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
- Assesses physical, psychological and psychosocial dimensions of patients within the healthcare unit and, as necessary, in the housing units.
- Applies knowledge of illnesses, injuries and diseases using available resources in obtaining a health history, and in the assessment process.
- Provides leadership to RNs, LPNs, MAs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessionals in patient care as related to medical aspects of patient care.
- Reviews and monitors all offenders receiving medications, as assigned and maintains charts and records.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills and effective interviewing techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
- Implement professional nursing services in a thorough and competent manner in accordance with standards, rules, protocols, policies and procedures.
- Make referrals to the appropriate health care provider in a timely manner based on diagnostic tests, labs, and nursing diagnosis.
- Contact physician for medication orders as necessary to ensure medication continuity of care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Pharmacology to include drug reaction, drug interaction, side effects, cautions, and contraindications.
- Administer medication in a safe and efficient manner consistent with prescribed orders, mouth checks, and established standards and keeps proper charts and records.
- Participates in the training of Wexford/facility personnel on mental health required training per NCCHC and ACA standards.
- Complies with correctional facility policies and procedures
- Perform within the normal limits of the State Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses, policies and procedures and facility policy/procedures and standards.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, performs other related duties as required or assigned
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSURE: Current, valid IL State Registered Nursing License
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR Certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year of clinical experience; correctional nursing experience a plus