Full-Time, Monday-Friday 7:30AM – 4:00PM
Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility
Berlin, New Hampshire
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30
years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped millions of justice-involved patients receive life-
changing medical and mental health services.
No third party reimbursement filings
Company-paid CME allowance with paid education days
Company-paid Medical Malpractice insurance with tail coverage
The Staff Dentist, licensed in the state of New Hampshire, is responsible and accountable for providing oral health
care to patients such as fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc. and for supervising the dental staff and
managing the dental activity with the facility.
1. Provides preventive and restorative treatment to all inmates.
2. Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as indicated.
3. Performs all general dentistry services including, but not limited to restorative, surgical, periodontal, endodontic
and prosthodontic services as described by facility policy.
4. Provides overall supervision of the dental department including hiring, coaching, counseling, administering
discipline and termination of subordinate staff as needed.
5. Supervise staff in cleaning of teeth, making impressions for prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral
hygiene program, completing appropriate records accurately and all procedures associated with the provision of
6. Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed on-site at facility.
7. Provides supervision of staff in instruction of inmates in preventive practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
8. Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
9. Participate in staff development programs.
10. Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
11. Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
12. Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Chief Dental Officer to assure the necessity for such referrals.
13. Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the delivery of dental services, and provides direction,
guidance, and oversight to the dental staff and programs.
14. Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective treatments according to priority and availability.
15. Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of greater priority services.
16. Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms, utilizing applicable dental classification systems
17. Ensures continuity of care.
18. Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
19. Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensures a current copy is on file in the Health Care Unit.
20. Responsible for dental office security to include instrument, medicine and needle counts.
21. Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for all newly hired dental staff.
22. Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
23. Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to remain within budget.
24. Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/facility policy and procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
25. Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
Annual review with performance increase
Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
Dental and Vision insurance
401(k) retirement saving plans
Company-paid short-term disability
Healthcare and dependent care spending account
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current New Hampshire Dental license and current DEA license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year practicing dentistry; skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must
be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during procedures. Correctional experience preferred. Supervisory
EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree